Homes evacuated after Blackpool garage fire

One hundred people were evacuated from their homes after a fire at a commercial garage in Blackpool.

Lancashire Fire Service received a 999 call at 14:57 BST and five engines attended the scene.

Two people were led to safety from the property, in Palmer Avenue, which is near a health centre and social club.

An exclusion zone was put in place because of gas cylinders in the garage. Firefighters later reduced the size of the zone to the immediate area.

People were allowed to return to their properties after more than two hours.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites