Lancashire

Cigarette caused fatal house fire in Leyland

A house fire which claimed the life of a Lancashire woman was caused by a cigarette, the fire service has said.

Firefighters were called to the house in Leyland Lane, Leyland, just before 20:30 GMT on Sunday after reports that somebody was trapped.

An investigation by Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service concluded that the fire was started by a cigarette.

A spokesperson for Lancashire Police added that there were "not thought to be any suspicious circumstances."

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites