Lancashire

Colne gas explosion: Man hospitalised as house roof collapses

Blast scene Colne Image copyright Lancashire Fire Service
Image caption A man was taken to hospital after the explosion

A man has been taken to hospital after a gas explosion at a house in Lancashire, the fire service said.

Crews from Nelson and Chorley were called to the property in Burnley Road, Colne, at about 12:24 BST.

A Lancashire Fire Service spokesman said the roof of the mid-terraced house had collapsed at the rear of the building.

He added: "A man has been taken to hospital but we have no information on the extent of his injuries."

Related Topics

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites