Lancashire

'Smouldering bread' found at Foulridge moorland fire site

Bread on burnt out barbecue Image copyright Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service
Image caption The disposable barbecue had smouldering bread on it when firefighters arrived

Smouldering bread was found on a disposable barbecue that caused a fire on 50 hectares of moorland.

Up to 70 firefighters tackled the blaze in Foulridge, near Colne, Lancashire, after flames from the barbecue set grass alight on Sunday.

The fire service said it had smouldering bread on it when crews arrived. No-one was injured.

It said those responsible were "not only careless but very irresponsible, ducking out" of reporting it.

Image copyright Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service
Image caption Up to 70 firefighters tackled the fire at its peak
Image copyright Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service
Image caption The fire service said those responsible were "not only careless but very irresponsible"

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites