Leeds & West Yorkshire

Bradford Norcroft Street fire was started by accident

Fire in Norcroft Street, Bradford Image copyright Irfan Bostan
Image caption Seventy firefighters tackled the blaze at its peak

A huge fire in Bradford was started accidentally by welders in an industrial unit, it has emerged.

The fire was confined to a repairs garage at Norcroft Street where crews from West Yorkshire Fire Service managed to top it spreading.

A specialist fire investigator concluded the fire was accidental.

Seventy firefighters tackled the blaze at its peak on Thursday but only one fire engine remained at the scene on Friday.

Related Topics

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites