Leicester

Fire crews tackle blaze at student rooms in Leicester

Firefighters have tackled a blaze at student accommodation in central Leicester.

Emergency crews were called to the halls of residence at Liberty Park, Eastern Boulevard, at about 1500 GMT on Wednesday.

It is believed the fire started on the third floor and students were evacuated from the building.

A spokeswoman for Leicestershire Fire and Rescue said there were no reports of any injuries.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites