Body found in rubble after Leicester kebab shop blast
A body has been discovered in the rubble of a kebab shop in Leicester that was destroyed in an explosion.
Two men and four women were arrested after the explosion destroyed the shop in Narborough Road in the early hours of Monday.
Leicestershire Police said officers were treating the blast as suspicious and a murder inquiry was under way.
At first it was not believed anyone was hurt in the blast, but a body was found 14 hours after the explosion.
Officers said the man would not be identified until his family had been informed.
Police have been granted extra time to detain the six people arrested in connection with the incident.
Det Supt Mark Harrison, of Leicestershire Police, said: "The investigation is in its early stages and officers have been in the area throughout the day making a number of inquiries.
"We are keen to piece together the circumstances that led to this incident and we would urge anyone who may have any information to please contact police."
Two shops close to the kebab shop have been boarded up because of damage caused by the explosion.
Leicestershire Fire and Rescue and police are investigating the cause of the blast.
Fire spokesman Dave Watson said: "We had a call at half past two in the morning and it was a large explosion - and the scene when we arrived showed devastation to the one building with damage to several neighbouring buildings."
Neighbour Julie Boughton said: "There was a massive bang and I thought it was an earthquake. My house shook and… next thing we knew there was a lot of smoke."
Parts of Narborough Road remain closed while investigations are carried out.