Lincolnshire

Man taken to hospital after house fire in Lincoln

A man has been taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire at a house in Lincoln.

Four crews were called to the mid-terraced house on Aberporth Drive shortly before 0200 GMT.

Firefighters using breathing apparatus put the the flames out with a hose but the bedroom and its contents were severely damaged by the fire.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was caused by carelessly discarded smoking materials.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites