Lincolnshire

Man rescued from fire above Horncastle restaurant

Fire damaged Longfellow's in Horncastle
Image caption The fire is thought to have been caused by a faulty fridge freezer

A man was rescued from a flat above a restaurant in Lincolnshire after a fire broke out in the early hours.

Fire crews from four stations were called to the Longfellow's building in North Street, Horncastle, at about 0300 BST.

The occupant was treated at the scene for the effects of breathing in smoke.

The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in a fridge freezer, said Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service.

The three-storey building has extensive fire and smoke damage.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites