Three Laceby Street houses damaged in Lincoln fire

Three houses were severely damaged and a city road closed for several hours after a fire in Lincoln.

Firefighters were called to a terraced house on Laceby Street at about 0940 BST on Monday to reports of a fire in the roof.

Residents were evacuated from nearby properties but no one was injured.

It is believed the fire was caused by an electrical fault. The neighbouring two properties were also damaged by fire, smoke and water.

Four crews were sent to tackle the blaze which took several hours to bring under control and put out.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites