Lincolnshire firefighters warn over chimney fires
Firefighters in Lincolnshire have urged people to check their chimneys after tackling eight fires in a 48-hour period.
Debbie Robinson, deputy community safety manager at Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue, said all the fires could have been avoided.
She added with cold weather set to continue into April, people had to make sure their chimneys were safe to use.
If chimney flues are clean, nothing can catch fire, Ms Robinson said.
"To reduce the risk of a fire, make sure your chimney is swept regularly by a professional, qualified chimney sweep," she said.