Lincolnshire

Ingoldmells' Bell Inn fire 'caused by faulty electrics'

Bell Inn Ingoldmells
Image caption About 100 customers were inside the Bell Inn when the fire broke out

A fire which destroyed a Lincolnshire pub was possibly caused by faulty electrics, fire investigators have said.

About 100 customers at the Bell Inn, in the coastal village of Ingoldmells, fled the fire on Thursday evening.

No-one was injured but there was major damage to the building.

Investigators said a fault in a neon light transformer in the attic may have caused the fire.

The pub in Anchor Lane had recently undergone a major refurbishment and was particularly busy due to a karaoke night.

Pub owner Frazer Bell said the pub had been in the family since 1984.

He said: "We are devastated. The one saving grace is that everyone got out OK and the staff were great, staying calm and getting all the customers out safely."

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites