Kenwick Park leisure centre fire: 'Electrical fault' link
Firefighters have said a blaze that destroyed a leisure centre was probably caused by an electrical fault.
About 40 officers from Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue attended the blaze at the Kenwick Park leisure complex, near Louth, at about 03:00 BST on Monday.
The neighbouring hotel which had about 100 guests had to be evacuated. There were no reports of injuries.
Steve Moore, deputy divisional commander, said an electrical problem was the likely cause at this stage.
He said: "It's such a shame for the building, it's a total loss. The owners are waiting on the insurance company now."
Owner Stuart Flynn said the leisure centre, which had more than a 1,000 members, would have to close for about a year but the hotel was unaffected.
David Bolland, a member for 20 years, said: "I'm very upset about it. I'm particularly concerned about the staff because they employ a lot of people there.
"It's almost like losing a very good friend, a friend of the family."