Bexleyheath furniture shop gutted in 'cannabis' fire

A furniture shop has been destroyed in a fire caused by equipment being used to grow cannabis in neighbouring flats.

Six crews tackled the blaze which tore through Wise Bedding and Furnishings in Bexleyheath, south-east London.

The fire was quickly brought under control but caused severe damage to the ground-floor shop.

It is understood to have been started by a short circuit caused by lights being used to grow cannabis in the flats above.

The fire started at the shop in Upton Road on the Broadway at about 0815 GMT on Friday.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites