Seven men charged over rape and trafficking of teenage girl
Seven men have been charged on a range of offences against a 14-year-old girl, including rape and human trafficking for sexual exploitation.
The men were arrested earlier this week in raids at addresses in Newham, Redbridge and Havering in east London, and in Hertfordshire.
The seven men, aged between 21 and 24, and all from east London, will appear at Thames Magistrates' Court later.
An eighth man arrested has been bailed pending further inquiries.
The charged men are:
- Desmond Agyei, 23, of East Ham, east London, charged with four counts of rape, one count of attempted rape and trafficking a person within the UK for sexual exploitation.
- Austin Odisi, 24 of East Ham, charged with eight counts of rape.
- Justin Maynard, 23, of Manor Park, east London, charged with five counts of rape.
- Edward Kofi Edunya, 23, of East Ham, charged with one count of rape.
- Perry Murray, 24, of West Ham, east London, charged with one count of rape.
- David Sarpong, 23, of Ilford, east London, charged with two counts of rape and one count of attempted rape.
- Ade Atitebi, 21, of East Ham, charged with trafficking a person within the UK for sexual exploitation and one count of voyeurism.
The Crown Prosecution Service said the offences took place between May and November 2012.