Tube strike: Talks to avert London Underground adjourned
Talks aimed at averting another strike by London Underground (LU) workers have been adjourned and will resume on Tuesday.
RMT and TSSA union officials have spent the day with LU bosses at conciliation service Acas to try to resolve the row over ticket office closures.
Union members staged a 48-hour walkout last week, which caused travel chaos across the capital.
Another 48-hour strike is planned from 21:00 GMT on Tuesday.
John Leach from the RMT union said he thought the chances of the strike being called off were "quite slim".
Wayne Geoghegan from the TSSA union said: "The company is moving, in my view, extremely slowly and we're making little progress."
London Underground's managing director, Mike Brown said: "I urge the leaders of the RMT and TSSA to work with us to help shape the future of the Tube.
"All that another unnecessary strike will achieve is to lose those who take part another two days' pay."
Talks are due to resume on Tuesday at 09:00.
The network saw major disruption during the walkout from 4 February.
Transport for London (TfL) has published a list of what services it hopes to run should the strike go ahead. Trains will run between 07:00 and 23:00, although services will start to wind down at 21:30.
A basic service will be in operation on all lines apart from the Waterloo and City Line, however trains will not stop at all stations.
Extra bus services will be in operation and the Overground, DLR and trams will run as normal.
Last week's strike took place over plans to close all Tube ticket offices and cut 960 jobs.
On Sunday, RMT leader Bob Crow said LU had to "move its position" to avoid a second strike, claiming a lack of consultation on future Tube plans.
TfL has claimed its proposals - which do not involve compulsory redundancies - would save £50m a year.