Grenfell Tower victims 'given £10 a day to live on'
Some Grenfell Tower fire survivors have been given just £10 a day to live on by the council, Kensington's MP said.
Newly-elected Labour MP Emma Coat Dent called for the situation to be addressed by Kensington and Chelsea Borough Council "without delay".
Tottenham MP David Lammy said claims the survivors of Grenfell Tower had been given so little was "outrageous".
Downing Street later said residents who lost their homes will receive a down-payment of at least £5,500 from Monday.
The prime minister said residents would be given £500 in cash followed by a bank payment for the rest of the funds.
More than £2.8m has been donated in total for the victims' fund and Theresa May has pledged £5m in emergency funds.
At least 58 people are dead - or missing, presumed dead - following the blaze early on Wednesday. Police fear that number may rise and the BBC understands about 70 people may have been killed.
In a letter to Home Secretary Amber Rudd, Ms Coat Dent wrote: "I have been told that some people who have lost their homes have been sent out of borough and are being given only £10 per day subsistence. If this is accurate it must be addressed without delay.
"A very firm commitment that in the short, mid and long-term, residents affected are located within the borough or in close neighbouring boroughs - so they are close to their local networks, schools, work and communities - must be formally announced and communicated to all residents without delay."
Labour MP David Lammy said he had heard similar stories when he met local people on Saturday.
Mr Lammy told ITV's Peston on Sunday: "I met people yesterday who had been given that £10.
"They have lost everything. Why are we behaving like this is Victorian England where charity steps in, people step in, but we don't have local government able to co-ordinate?"
He added: "We know how to do this we did it after the riots. We do it after floods. So you have got to ask why these people in Kensington and Chelsea are not getting it. What's different to them than exists in the rest of the country?
"It's an outrage, it's a scandal, it's appalling."
Ms Dent Coad earlier told BBC One's Sunday Politics that survivors were being repeatedly moved between hotels.
"We are still hearing stories of people not being allocated properly," she said.
"There's one woman this morning and her child, they have been moved three times since Wednesday into different accommodation.
"That's absolutely appalling."
Kensington and Chelsea Borough Council has yet to respond to requests for a comment.
However, council leader Nick Paget-Brown earlier told BBC Radio 4's The World This Weekend the emergency operation was drawing support from other London boroughs because the disaster was too great for one borough alone to handle.
He said he did not accept his council had focused on its rich residents, and had worked to improve housing stock and social services.