Two men dead after Edgware 'carbon monoxide leak'
Two men have been found dead at a house following a suspected carbon monoxide leak.
The pair, aged 35 and 42, were discovered at a property in Bacon Lane, Edgware, north-west London, at 13:30 BST.
Five people, including two young boys, have been taken to hospital as a precaution, Scotland Yard said.
A spokesman said the deaths were being treated as unexplained and post-mortem examinations are due to take place.
Police believe there was a possible carbon monoxide leak at the building, which was "multiple occupancy".
No arrests have been made and the Health and Safety Executive has been informed, police said.
People from a neighbouring property were evacuated as a precaution but have since returned home.
"At this early stage, police believe that there was a possible carbon monoxide leak at the address," the force said in a statement.
The windows of the house were left open on Sunday evening, while an engineer reconnected gas to neighbouring houses.
The occupants of the rented property are thought to have moved in just weeks ago.
One neighbour, who thought they were from Eastern Europe, said: "It's really shocking, very sad, the loss of life. It doesn't matter how it happens, but it's really sad."
Another neighbour said: "They have only been here a short period of time, they have been very quiet."