Manchester

Two in hospital after fire in Greater Manchester

A man and woman were taken to hospital after a candle caused a fire which spread through their home in Greater Manchester.

The woman, aged 75, and 69-year-old man suffered smoke inhalation during the blaze in North Lane, Astley on Christmas Day.

Fire crews from Atherton and Leigh managed to contain the blaze.

The lit candle had fallen from its holder igniting the tablecloth and spreading to the furniture.

They were discharged from hospital a short time later.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites