Manchester

Baby rescued from house fire in Manchester

A nine-week-old baby was among four people rescued by fire crews from the first floor of a house in Manchester following a fire.

An operator told two teenagers and a woman, 20, to remain with the infant in an upstairs bedroom when they called emergency services about a hall fire.

An appliance arrived at the house on Cedars Road, Benchill, within two minutes of the 2257 GMT call on Sunday.

They were treated for smoke inhalation and taken to hospital as a precaution.

A joint fire service and police investigation is underway.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites