Manchester

Timperley man rescued after food pan fire

Firefighters broke down a man's door to rescue him from a food pan fire at his Greater Manchester flat.

The fire service said the man, 63, needed oxygen from firefighters at the scene before he was taken to Wythenshawe Hospital.

The emergency services were called at 0330 BST by a neighbour at Coniston Walk, Timperley, who heard the man's smoke alarm.

The cause of the fire was a pan of food left unattended on a stove.

The man, who had to be carried from his home, was not detained in hospital.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites