Manchester

Stockport firework boy's finger blown off

A 10-year-old boy had part of his finger blown off when a firework exploded at a house in Stockport, Greater Manchester.

The boy's index finger was injured and and his thumb was split while playing with a firework at the house on Glebe Street, Offerton.

Fire crews seized fireworks, which they believe to be illegal, after arriving at the address at 17:32 BST on Monday.

A fire service spokesman warned against misusing fireworks.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites