Rochdale 'sex-ring girl' was 'unruly' says father
The father of a 15-year-old girl who says she was the victim of a child-sex ring has told a court she was "unruly".
The teenager has given evidence in the trial of 11 men accused of being part of a sexual exploitation ring in and around Rochdale in Greater Manchester.
Her father told Liverpool Crown Court that on occasions he wanted to throw his daughter out of the family home
All the men deny conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with children under the age of 16.
The girl's father told the court that his daughter had been "unruly and mischievous" and sometimes "vulgar" and that there had been times when he had asked her to "get out of the house" but not "in the context of 'get out and never come back'".
However, her mother later told the court that she asked her daughter to move out and she had gone for two to three weeks.
She started living back with her family full-time when she fell pregnant at 15.
The girl claims she was raped by various members of the group.
Asked by Simon Nichol, defending a 59-year-old defendant who cannot be named, if it bothered him that his daughter was mixing with Asian men.
Her father responded: "No, why should it?"
The man agreed that he had joined the British National Party after the alleged abuse of his daughter.
Earlier in the day, the man's daughter, now 19, completed her evidence after more than two days cross-examination by defending barristers.
She said: "You want to get these to swear on the Koran. I have just sworn on the Bible. What I am saying is true. See if they can swear on the Koran and say what they are saying now."
Kabeer Hassan, 24; Abdul Aziz, 41; Abdul Rauf, 43; Mohammed Sajid, 35; Adil Khan, 42; Abdul Qayyum, 43; Mohammed Amin, 44; Qamar Shahzad, 29; Liaquat Shah, 41 and Hamid Safi, 22, all deny conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with children under the age of 16.
A 59-year-old man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, denies the same charge.
He also denies two counts of rape, aiding and abetting a rape, one count of sexual assault and an allegation of trafficking within the UK for sexual exploitation.
- Mr Hassan, of Lacrosse Avenue, Oldham, and Mr Shahzad, of Tweedale Street, Rochdale, also deny rape.
- Mr Aziz, of Armstrong Hurst Close, Rochdale, denies two counts of rape and one allegation of trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Mr Khan, of Oswald Street, and Mr Rauf, of Darley Road, both in Rochdale, have also pleaded not guilty to trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Mr Sajid, of Jepheys Street, Rochdale, denies trafficking, two counts of rape and one allegation of sexual activity with a child.
- Mr Amin, of Falinge Road, Rochdale, denies sexual assault.
- Mr Shah and Mr Safi, both of Kensington Street, Rochdale, each denied two counts of rape and Mr Safi has also pleaded not guilty to trafficking.
The trial continues.