Rochdale child-sex trial: 'Victim woke up being raped'
An alleged victim of a child sex ring has told a court of the moment she awoke to find she was being raped.
The girl described being "picked up" with her friend by three Asian men whom she did not know who took them to a house in Freehold, Greater Manchester.
The girl, then 15, said four other men had joined them and she had got drunk on shots before falling asleep.
At Liverpool Crown Court, all the men deny conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with children under 16.
Jurors were played police video interviews with the girl, the third alleged victim, who is now aged 17.
She told police she and her friend had gone to an upstairs bedroom and fallen asleep but later in the night the men in the house had started to come in "asking for sex" or "jiggy-jiggy".
The girl said she had gone back to sleep but woke to find a man was raping her.
She said she had felt "heavy breathing" on her neck and "screamed" when she realised what was happening.
The girl said the man - whom she described as being the "chilled" member in the group - had "bad breath" and was on top of her.
"He was having sex with me," she said.
The girl said she had told the man "no" when he was on top of her and that it had made her feel "horrible" and "gross".
But the man "carried on", the court heard. She said it had lasted for about five minutes.
The girl described twice being violently raped at a house in Kensington Street, Rochdale.
She said the owner, a man she called Shah, would grab her neck and slap her face if she tried to stop him kissing her.
She described another occasion at the same address when a man she named as Hamid slit his own wrist, causing "deep, deep" cuts, before threatening to slit her throat unless she had sex with him.
She said: "Something was mentioned about sex. He asked me if I wanted to and I said no and he said: 'I will cut you.'
"I said 'cut yourself' and he came up to me with the razor blade, put his face next to mine and he had the razor blade still in his hand and then he had sex with me."
Asked by police how she felt during the sex, the girl replied: "I would rather that happen than have my throat slit."
Kabeer Hassan, 24; Abdul Aziz, 41; Abdul Rauf, 43; Mohammed Sajid, 35; Adil Khan, 42; Abdul Qayyum, 43; Mohammed Amin, 44; Qamar Shahzad, 29; Liaquat Shah, 41 and Hamid Safi, 22, all deny conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with children under the age of 16.
A 59-year-old man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, denies the same charge.
He also denies two counts of rape, aiding and abetting a rape, one count of sexual assault and an allegation of trafficking within the UK for sexual exploitation.
- Mr Hassan, of Lacrosse Avenue, Oldham, and Mr Shahzad, of Tweedale Street, Rochdale, also deny rape.
- Mr Aziz, of Armstrong Hurst Close, Rochdale, denies two counts of rape and one allegation of trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Mr Khan, of Oswald Street, and Mr Rauf, of Darley Road, both in Rochdale, have also pleaded not guilty to trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Mr Sajid, of Jepheys Street, Rochdale, denies trafficking, two counts of rape and one allegation of sexual activity with a child.
- Mr Amin, of Falinge Road, Rochdale, denies sexual assault.
- Mr Shah and Mr Safi, both of Kensington Street, Rochdale, each denied two counts of rape and Mr Safi has also pleaded not guilty to trafficking.
The trial continues.