Manchester Academy death: Suspected drugs overdose victim named
A man who died as a result of a suspected drugs overdose at a Manchester music venue has been named by police.
Nikola Tomic, from Newcastle, became ill at the Academy on Oxford Road shortly before 04:30 GMT on Sunday.
The 30-year-old died on Monday. An investigation into his death and the origins of the drugs is continuing.
A post-mortem examination to find the cause of his death proved inconclusive and further tests have been ordered.
Greater Manchester Police have previously said it was suspected drugs were a factor in his death.
Manchester Academy is a live music venue at the University of Manchester Students' Union.