Manchester

Ten in hospital after Rochdale 'carbon monoxide leak'

Castlemere Community Centre Image copyright Google
Image caption Fire engines were called to Castlemere Community Centre

Ten people are being treated in hospital after a suspected carbon monoxide leak in Greater Manchester, North West Ambulance Service said.

Emergency services reached Castlemere Community Centre in Rochdale shortly after being alerted at about 14:30 GMT.

Patients are being treated for headaches and blurred vision but their symptoms are not life-threatening, the ambulance service added.

Greater Manchester Police said nearby buildings were also evacuated.

Some neighbouring roads were closed off but have since reopened, police said.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites