Fire above Living Room in Liverpool city centre

A fire broke out above a Liverpool city centre bar, prompting the evacuation of seven people in the flats above.

Firefighters were called to flats above the Living Room, in Victoria Street, at about 2140 BST on Thursday.

The fire had started in a communal post box and smoke spread to all five floors of the building, a spokesman for Merseyside Fire and Rescue said.

The residents, including a toddler, were treated by paramedics but did not have to go to hospital, he added.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites