Liverpool

Man burned in Merseyside street light electric shock

A man has been taken to hospital with serious burns after he received an electric shock while repairing a street light in Merseyside.

The man, 63, was working on a light on the Kirkby Industrial Estate on Marl Road, Knowsley, when the incident happened at 09:45 BST.

He is being treated at Aintree Hospital for 45% burns, the ambulance service said.

The Health and Safety Executive is looking into how it happened.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites