Tinned fish recalled from two shops in Norwich
Tins of fish sold in two shops in Norwich have been recalled because of health risks posed to consumers.
Tins of Mas-River fried dace with black beans came from an unapproved source in Malaysia, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) said.
One batch contained high levels of histamine which can cause scombrotoxic fish poisoning.
The FSA said China World in Dove Street and Autumn Dragon Oriental Mart in St Andrews Street stocked the product.
Symptoms of scombrotoxic fish poisoning are similar to those of an allergic reaction and include skin rash, low blood pressure, vomiting and diarrhoea.
Other symptoms include headaches, dizziness, palpitations, and abdominal cramps.
Jaan Stanton, the city council's food safety team manager, says: "Our environmental health officers visited the premises in Norwich and remaining stocks have been removed from sale.
"If anyone has bought this product, do not eat it. Take it back to the retailer to get a refund and contact the city council's environmental health team straight away."