BBC Radio Northampton Silverstone Competition 2011
With just over two months to go before the 2011 British Grand Prix at Silverstone, BBC Radio Northampton is giving you the chance to win tickets to be part of the international event.
The competitions will run during our Treasure Quest programme this Saturday 30th April between 0900 and 1200 BST.
Entry is via text only and full terms and conditions are listed below.
So get your thinking caps on for your chance to be part of the British round on the Formula One calendar.
Terms and Conditions
1. Entry is open to all UK residents (including Channel Islands and the Isle of Man), except BBC employees or those of its affiliates and their close relatives or any person connected to the competition.
2. The competitions will run between 0900 on 30/04/2011 and 1200 on 30/04/2011 during the Treasure Quest show on BBC Radio Northampton (subject to editorial changes to the schedule).
3. During each show, after a location is reached, one question will be read out on air along with three possible answers and a word corresponding to each. Listeners will then be invited to text to the number to be announced the word for their selected answer. Text will also need to include the name of the entrant. Texts will be charged at your standard message rate.
4. No other method of entry will be accepted. Listeners must obtain the bill-payers permission before calling or texting to register. Listeners who are under 16 must have the permission of a parent of guardian to enter.
3. Entries will only be received during the times announced on-air. Entries received outside these times will not be registered but will still be charged. The opening and closing times may change so please listen to announcements during the show. Only one entry is allowed per listener during each show.
4. After each competition is closed for new entries, one winner will be randomly selected from all entries that included the correct answer. The winner will be contacted on 30/04/2011 on the mobile phone from which the entry was made. If an entrant is not available after reasonable attempts by the production team, another entrant will be randomly selected.
6. Prizes will be different for each of the three daily competitions as follows:
First Competition: A pair of general admission tickets for all three days of the 2011 FORMULA 1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX.
Second Competition: A pair of general admission tickets, plus a pair of VIP backstage passes for two for the post-race Grand Prix Party
Third Competition: A pair of general admission tickets, plus an invitation to the launch of the Silverstone Wing, the state-of-the-art Pit and Paddock complex (for two).
Ticket prizes do not include any costs such as travel and accommodation.
7. The prizes are as stated above. There is no cash alternative and a prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances.
8. For each pair of tickets, at least one ticket holder must be 18 years or over. For additional entry admission restrictions or accessibility, please visit the venue's website on www.silverstone.co.uk.
9. The BBC will not be responsible for any failure of the ticket holders to gain entry or re-entry to the event due to the behaviour of the ticket holder or their failure to meet the admission requirements of the event, including minimum age of the ticket holders.
10. Winners of one of the competitions are not permitted to enter any of the subsequent BBC Radio Northampton Silverstone 2011 competitions.
11. Entrants must agree to take part in any post-competition publicity if required. The names of winners may be made public.
12. The BBC's decision as to the winners and prizes awarded is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
13. The BBC reserves the right to: (i) amend these terms and conditions and vary the competition opening times; (ii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the rules or has acted fraudulently in any way; and (iii) cancel the competition, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
14. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered.
15. This competition accords with the BBC's Code of Conduct for Competitions and Voting, details of which can be found at: BBC Competitions Policy
16. The promoter of the competition is the British Broadcasting Corporation and the applicable law is the laws of England and Wales.
17. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering.