Wellingborough flats cleared in kebab shop fire

Six people were led to safety from flats in Northamptonshire after fire broke out in a kebab shop below.

At least 20 firefighters were called to reports of smoke coming from Delight Kebab in Silver Street, Wellingborough, at 05:20 GMT.

The shop was gutted and the first and second floor of the building, and communal areas of flats, suffered smoke damage.

The fire service believes the fire was caused by a fault in cooking equipment.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites