Faces bar stabbings: Licence issues 'close to a resolution'
The manager of a bar at the centre of a mass brawl in which six people were stabbed said it is close to re-opening.
Robert Snajdr says he is "very close to a resolution" with police and the council over the licence of Faces bar in Bridge Street, Northampton.
Northampton Borough Council decided to extend a suspension on the licence for a further 21 days on Friday.
The fight, which involved 50 or 60 people, took place in the early hours of 12 December.
A suspension on the licence of NU Bar, which was also involved in the incident, has been lifted.
The council considered the two licenses separately in a private meeting, with evidence presented by Northamptonshire Police.
The licensing sub-committee decided NU Bar could open with changes to its licensing conditions, including needing to give police 14 days notice of any external promoted event.
Faces will remain closed until further measures can be put in place, the council said.
The suspension remains in place for 21 days, but could be lifted if the conditions are met before then.
The two bars had been closed following the brawl.
Mr Snajdr said discussions were "quite far along".
He said: "We are working to get a resolution to this."
Council leader David Mackintosh said the authority had "acted quickly" following the fight.
He said: "The committee considered a lot of evidence before reaching their conclusions. Faces Bar will remain closed until we are satisfied all proper measures are in place."
Three men have been arrested and bailed over the brawl.
Eight people were taken to hospital following the fight, but have all since been released.