Faces Bar stabbings: Northampton Council lifts licence suspension
A bar at the centre of a mass brawl in which six people were stabbed is to re-open on Friday night.
The licence of Faces Bar in Bridge Street, Northampton, had been suspended after the fight, which involved 50 or 60 people, on 12 December.
But that suspension has now been lifted following a meeting of Northampton Borough Council's licensing committee.
Faces Bar manager Robert Snajdr said he was working with the council and police "with anything they require of us".
A suspension on the licence of NU Bar, which was also involved in the incident, was lifted earlier this week.
Mr Snajdr said staff at Faces "are over the moon" that it is re-opening.
In a statement, he said: "We hope that our trade will remain as before as we have a good client base who are looking forward to us re-opening."
He said being closed over Christmas had been a financial blow.
The statement did not talk about the fight or what, if anything, Faces had put in place for the suspension to be lifted.
The licensing meeting was held in private due to commercial sensitivities.
Northampton Borough Council's Conservative leader David Mackintosh said the safety of residents was the authority's "top priority".
He said: "Faces is being allowed to reopen, and working with Northamptonshire Police, our licensing officers will continue to monitor the situation ready to take action if required."
Three men have been arrested and bailed over the brawl.
Eight people were taken to hospital following the fight, but have all since been released.