Second dog dies after Nottinghamshire forest walk
A second dog has died from a mystery illness affecting pets walked in Nottinghamshire woodland.
Janice Dixon, a vet from Rainworth who has treated a number of affected animals, said the latest dog to die had swum at Vicar Water near Clipstone.
Several dogs have been reported as falling ill this autumn, after eight died in similar circumstances at the same time last year.
Ms Dixon said the Environment Agency was testing water for poisonous algae.
Tests which followed last year's deaths ruled out man-made poisons and fungi as a likely cause but did not identify a source.
Ms Dixon said: "I have taken samples from a few areas in the forest and these water samples will be processed by the Environment Agency.
"This will see if we can highlight, or at least rule out, blue green algae."