Nottingham

Pub evacuated after Awsworth van fire

A Nottinghamshire pub was evacuated after a van caught fire close to where a gas cylinder was being stored.

Customers were led to safety as a precaution from The Gate Inn at Awsworth on Monday night, when flames were seen coming from the vehicle.

The fire was extinguished, but a 200m (650ft) cordon remained in place in the Main Street area on Tuesday morning.

Crews would remain at the scene for several hours to damp down the site, said a fire service spokesperson.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites