Banbury man and dog saved from flat fire

Two fire crews rescued a man and his dog from a burning first floor flat in Oxfordshire after neighbours smelt smoke and heard an alarm.

Firefighters were called to Jubilee Court in Banbury on Sunday evening and found both the man and his pet unconscious.

A fire service spokesman said without the smoke alarm the incident "could have easily have become a fatality."

The man and dog were given first aid on the scene.

The fire in the flat's kitchen was believed to have been started accidentally.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites