Road in Abingdon closed over power box fire

A road had to be closed and almost 100 people had their electricity supply switched off when a fault in a power box sparked a fire in Oxfordshire.

Traffic lights in Ock Street in Abingdon lost power and the street had to be closed on Saturday night.

About 90 people had their supplies cut for about an hour while engineers worked to fix the problem.

One property was not reconnected until 0200 BST, Southern Electric said. The road was later reopened.

The fire started in the power box under a manhole cover but was quickly extinguished.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Oxford

Weather

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Features

Copyright © 2017 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.