Oxford

Power cables electrocute teenager in Brize Norton

A 17-year-old has been electrocuted after coming into contact with high voltage power cables in Oxfordshire.

Police and ambulance crews were called to a garden near Burford Road in Brize Norton at about 15:15 BST on Thursday.

The teenager had a cardiac arrest at the scene and was transported by Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance to Oxford's John Radcliffe Hospital.

Insp Andy West from Thames Valley Police confirmed the patient was pronounced dead on arrival.

He added that a cherry picker was on site and the youth had been employed there.

The Health and Safety Executive is to carry out further investigations.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites