Couple in 'lucky escape' from Begbroke bungalow fire

A couple had a "very lucky" escape from a fire in their bungalow in Oxfordshire.

Firefighters were called to the blaze in the roof of the property in Begbroke near Kidlington just before 11:30 GMT on Thursday.

The fire service said large amounts of smoke were coming from the bungalow and flames had engulfed the roof at the back.

It is thought to have been caused by a fault with an electrical fitting.

Paul Bremble, from Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue, said: "Had this happened at night there would have been the potential for the fire to go unnoticed for some time.

"The owners were very lucky to escape."

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites