Wartime bombs discovery in Bicester house after arrest
A number of World War One and Two munitions have been found at a house in Oxfordshire.
The discovery in Buckingham Crescent, Bicester, was made by police and a 35-year-old local man has been arrested on suspicion of theft from heritage and protected sites.
Thames Valley Police warned controlled explosions were planned and part of the street had been evacuated.
The arrest was a result of raids in Hertfordshire, police said.
Wednesday's raids in St Albans also uncovered World War One and Two munitions.
Ch Supt Amanda Pearson, leading the operation, said the controlled explosions posed "no threat to the general public".
She added: "The seizure will take some time to process all the items recovered."
Bomb disposal experts from The Royal Logistic Corp are at the scene.
Mark Harrison, national policing and crime advisor for English Heritage, said: "The practice of illegal metal detecting or stealing artefacts from the ground, particularly from conflict sites relating to the First and Second World Wars, is an issue that English Heritage takes very seriously.
"We recognise that the majority of the metal detecting community comply with the laws and regulations relating to the discovery and recovery of objects from the land.
"We are prepared to take action and do what is necessary including, working alongside the police, to bring those responsible to justice."