"Sophisticated" Oxfordshire drug smuggling gang jailed
Nine men have been jailed for running a "sophisticated" multimillion-pound drug smuggling operation.
The gang worked on such a large scale they used hydraulic presses to package drugs into blocks, Oxford Crown Court heard.
A covert police investigation caught them smuggling, packaging and supplying heroin and crack cocaine.
Ringleader Martin Gray, 32, of Randolph Avenue, Woodstock, was jailed for 18 years at Oxford Crown Court.
The gang was caught after police fitted hidden cameras inside a van used by Gray to members of the group under surveillance.
In total police seized of 21 kg of class A drugs - 14kg of cocaine and 7kg of heroin - with an estimated street value of around £24m.
Also seized was more than £50,000 in cash, mixing agents, a hydraulic press and various items of drug paraphernalia.
Prosecutor Martin Roques said the gang used multiple locations and specialist equipment.
Lorry driver Hakan Razaki, 42, from Prunuslaan, Aandijk, Holland smuggled the drugs on the Hoek Van Holland to Harwich ferry passage inside a hidden compartment in the vehicle's sleeping area.
Det Insp Rachel Wheatman from Thames Valley Police said the force was pleased it had been able to disrupt the supply of drugs in the Oxford area.
All men were sentenced for conspiracy to supply class A drugs, apart from Razaki, who was jailed for importing heroin and cocaine.
- Gavin Preston , 36, from Astrop Lane, Oxford, was sentenced to 12 years
- Aaron Preston, 34, from Ashurst Way, Oxford, was sentenced to eight years
- Ali Neziri, 32, from Hundred Acres Close, Oxford, was sentenced to five years
- Martin Gray, 32, from Randolph Avenue, Woodstock, was sentenced to 18 years
- David Bowen, 43, from Mumford Drive, Northampton, was sentenced to eight years
- Shorne Ross, 42, from Mumford Drive, Northampton, was sentenced to six years following a trial.
- Yemi Aiyegbusi, 36, from Walton Street, Oxford, was sentenced to 12 years
- Ryan Davies, 33, from Kelburne Road, Oxford, was sentenced to 10 years
- Hakan Razaki, 42, from Prunuslaan, Aandijk, Holland, was sentenced to five years