Oxford

Bicester Village Carluccio's fire 'accidental'

Fire at Bicester Village
Image caption The roof of the restaurant was destroyed in the blaze

A restaurant fire in an Oxfordshire shopping outlet started "accidentally", according to investigators.

At its height, about 35 firefighters tackled the blaze at Carluccio's restaurant at Bicester Village.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said it was caused by an electrical fault but forensic investigations were still taking place on Wednesday.

Carluccio's remains closed but all other stores reopened in time for the Bank Holiday weekend over Easter.

Bicester Village confirmed a number of temporary caterers have been brought into support Carluccio's during its closure.

Related Topics

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites