Oxford

'Clothes and lamp' start Cowley bedroom fire

Fire has wrecked a house in Oxford after clothes were ignited by a lamp.

The occupier arrived home in the early hours to find the smoke alarm going off at the property in Bailey Road, Cowley.

Crews said flames were visible at the bedroom window of the house and the whole floor was full of smoke when they arrived shortly after 01:20 BST.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue said the family was being supported by the Red Cross. No-one is believed to have been hurt.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites