Shropshire

Oswestry warning after heroin users taken ill

Two men had to be treated by paramedics after suffering "adverse reactions" from taking heroin in Shropshire.

Police said it was not clear whether the two men had used heroin from a contaminated batch or had overdosed.

Paramedics were called to treat the men in Oswestry, in separate incidents on Friday night.

Both men recovered after treatment, police said. Drug users are urged to bear the incidents in mind and keep as safe as possible.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites