Shropshire

Two people rescued after Shrewsbury takeaway fire

Fire on Wyle Cop
Image caption West Midlands Ambulance Service said nobody involved in the fire required hospital treatment

Two people were rescued from a fire at a takeaway in Shrewsbury on Monday night.

A 30-year-old man and a 15-year-old boy were treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation after the fire at The Sandwich Cellar on Wyle Cop.

Two fire crews were dispatched shortly after 22:00 BST.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue said the blaze involved a chip pan range on the ground floor of the takeaway.

West Midlands Ambulance Service said a third person was also later treated for smoke inhalation, but none of those involved required hospital treatment.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites