Smoke alarm warning after house fire death
A warning has been issued by Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service about smoke alarms after a fatal house fire.
A woman, who is yet to be named but was in her early 60s, was found dead in her Market Drayton home on Monday.
Deputy chief officer John Redmond said: "We need people to check their relatives, friends and neighbours all have smoke alarms fitted."
He stressed that batteries needed to be checked after none were found in two smoke alarms at the woman's home.
In December Mr Redmond compiled a report for the Shropshire and Wrekin Fire Authority which said the service was working to identify vulnerable elderly people to prevent any more fire deaths.