Blue Pool rescue: Boy coughs up one-and-a-half litres of water
A boy coughed up one-and-a-half litres of dirty quarry water when he was pulled out of a pool by a fisherman.
The 15-year-old was among children swimming in Blue Pool, Telford, when he got into difficulty.
A paramedic said the boy had been in danger of "poisoning his own blood" from the dirty water he had taken in.
A fisherman pulled him out of the water at 12:30 BST on Wednesday. He was taken to Princess Royal Hospital to be dealt with by its resuscitation team.
Rob Marsh, paramedic and assistant area manager for Shropshire, said: "Because of the amount of dirty quarry water he had taken in, there was a danger of secondary drowning - in other words, he was in danger of lung spasm and poisoning his own blood because of what was in the water."
Other children refused to leave the water despite the drama at the side of the quarry pool and "the pleas of the ambulance crew", added Mr Marsh.
He said this was "worrying".