Somerset

Trapped woman rescued from house fire in Wells

A woman has been rescued from a first floor bedroom at a house in Somerset after a fire broke out downstairs.

Emergency services were called to the home in Burcott Road, Wells, in the early hours following reports the woman was trapped and unable to get out.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said it was believed a faulty tumble dryer was the cause of the blaze.

The ground floor of the house was badly damaged by smoke, the spokesman added.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites