Zoe Anderson death: Man charged over gas boiler

Zoe Anderson
Image caption Miss Anderson is thought to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning

Police have charged a man with the manslaughter of a woman who is thought to have died in her Bath home as a result of a faulty gas boiler.

Zoe Anderson, 24, was initially thought to have slipped in the shower and hit her head but she is now thought to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Andrew Hartley, 36, of Bath New Road, Radstock, also faces two charges of contravening gas safety regulations.

He has been bailed and will appear before Bath magistrates on 24 June.

Mr Hartley was first arrested in January. One of the charges against him alleges that he installed a gas boiler "in a manner that constituted a danger to persons using the boiler" and that he "failed to verify that it was in a safe condition".

Miss Anderson, a neuroscience graduate, was the daughter of Chris Anderson, the founder of the Bath-based Future Publishing stable of magazines.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites