Somerset

Worker suffers 11,000 volt shock in West Harptree

An electricity company worker has suffered an 11,000 volt shock while working on cables in North Somerset.

The man, in his 40s, was on farmland at West Harptree on Sunday morning when the incident happened.

An ambulance spokesman said the electric shock passed through his left hand and came out through his lower abdomen.

He was airlifted to Frenchay Hospital near Bristol and is recovering with burns to his hand, the spokesman added.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites